I’ve been slowly plugging away on nailing down the UX of the Team Cowboy App. I spoke with a UX professional about it and got some valuable feedback about simplifying and following Apple’s conventions. I’ve moved on from paper wireframing and have started building the digital wireframes in Illustrator. Here are some of the paper prototypes:
I am showing 3 task flows. 1) RSVPing Yes to a game and marking that you’re bringing a sub, 2) Marking yourself as an available sub for a game & posting a day/time subbing availability, and 3) Manager responding to that sub who marked themselves as available for the game in Task 2.
Along with the wireframe building I have started to work on the look and feel of the App. I started sketching logo ideas and realized I didn’t like the name Team Cowboy. I made the executive decision to call the app something different. I toyed with the name “Roundup”, as in “we need to round up more players”, but people thought there was too strong an association with the weed killer Roundup. So we brainstormed as a group and came up with “Game Plan”. So the new name for my app is Game Plan. Here are some of the logo sketches I did:
I haven’t picked a final yet and will probably keep working on the logo for a little bit longer.
Here’s just a screen grab of the digital wireframes so you can see where those are at:
Next steps: Finish the wireframes, make a prototype, test it, and refine some of the screens with the UI skins. Finish the logo and style board! Go, go, go!