Alright….week 3. I’ve started my logo sprint and have “finished” my first logo. I’m not actually finished, but as far as this challenge goes, it’s time to move on. I’m hoping I can come back to it in a few weeks and have some fresh eyes and new inspiration. The first company was “South Sound Orthodontics”. I’ve discovered anything “dental” related is tough. I went on Logo Lounge and checked out a bunch of their logo samples and most were pretty terrible.
For South Sound Orthodontics, I wanted to give them a clean, safe, and friendly but authoritative voice. Most people have dental related fear and I wanted a logo that would cause ease and trust. I did a brainstorm session and tried to list all the words associated with dentists and go from there. I then started sketching like a mad woman. Here are some of the sketches:
After I couldn’t draw any more, and had drawn mostly the same thing over and over, I moved on to the computer and did a lot of sketching there.
And then the finalists: